Gist Boards > Corona Virus
[The Guardian] You’ll grow out of them: trainers transformed into plants – in pictures
(1/1)
The Guardian:
You’ll grow out of them: trainers transformed into plants – in pictures
Though artist Christophe Guinet was born in Paris and loves the urban environment, he’s always felt in touch with nature. “I’ve been passionate about plants since adolescence. I fell in love with orchids at age 15 and learned to cultivate them. They require patience but they are worth it.” Guinet went on to work in marketing until a trip to India eight years ago to escape the corporate grind. There he conceived his art persona, Monsieur Plant (“Well, I am a mister who likes plants”), and started combining human-made consumer goods with plants to create fantastical sculptures. One recurring motif is the trainer, which is “a symbol of our times”, he says. “The eloquence of the plants combats the excesses of consumerism. I think nature will always triumph over man.” See more at monsieurplant.com Continue reading...
Source: You’ll grow out of them: trainers transformed into plants – in pictures
Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss
Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat
Navigation
[0] Message Index
Go to full version