Gist Boards > Corona Virus
[The Guardian] A model spills her handbag – Gian Paolo Barbieri’s best photograph
(1/1)
The Guardian:
A model spills her handbag – Gian Paolo Barbieri’s best photograph
‘I was inspired by a scene from The Postman Always Rings Twice that is explained only by sound – the clatter of keys falling to the ground, the noise of a lipstick rolling’I’ve always been attracted to the theatre and cinema. When I was young, my ambition was to be an actor – and in my teens, I had fun making costumes and sets with my friends. We’d experiment with light, trying to copy our favourite films, such as Sunset Boulevard and Tobacco Road.I moved to Rome in search of a break in the film industry. I’d take photos of the starlets from the Cinecittà film studio to earn a living, developing the film myself in the boarding house I was staying in. Ultimately, it was photography rather than acting that I pursued, but aspects of my first great interest – such as film noir and the dreamlike vision of Fellini – influenced my work. I’ve always looked at who I had in front of my camera with a cinematic eye. Continue reading...
Source: A model spills her handbag – Gian Paolo Barbieri’s best photograph
Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss
Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat
Navigation
[0] Message Index
Go to full version