Gist Boards > Corona Virus

[The Guardian] ‘Morris is a creature of its own’: a dance for a new age – photo essay

(1/1)

The Guardian:
‘Morris is a creature of its own’: a dance for a new age – photo essay

Is Morris dancing becoming younger and hipper? From all-female sides to youth teams and an appearance at the Brit awards, photographer Rachel Adams has been chronicling England’s oldest surviving rural tradition, and seeing how it has found a place in 21st-century BritainIn 2016 I was living on the south coast, looking for interesting scenes to photograph. As I roamed the countryside on long summer evenings, I realised there was a scene right in front of my eyes. Even better, it required spending those evenings in real-ale pubs with a well-known but little-understood form of folk culture as free entertainment.Oxfordshire side members young and old Continue reading...
Source: ‘Morris is a creature of its own’: a dance for a new age – photo essay

Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss

Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version