Gist Boards > Corona Virus

[The Guardian] ‘She looks so peaceful and relaxed’: Suki Dhanda’s best phone picture

(1/1)

The Guardian:
‘She looks so peaceful and relaxed’: Suki Dhanda’s best phone picture

The portrait photographer on how she got this off-duty shot of a 22-year-old nannyPortrait photographer Suki Dhanda was at the tennis courts in Millfields Park, east London, when she saw Chisom Okoli through the mesh. It was a late summer afternoon; Dhanda had finished work and taken her daughter and dog for a walk. Off-duty, she was without either of her professional cameras – a Hasselblad H2 and Sony a7R5 – but the 22-year-old nanny caught her eye.“I thought about taking her picture surreptitiously, because I didn’t want to miss the moment,” Dhanda says. “There was something about the way she held herself, how deep in thought she seemed looking at her phone, the way the colour of her clothes blended with the background. But it didn’t feel right to take it sneakily, so I walked around the court, told her I was a photographer and asked permission.” Continue reading...
Source: ‘She looks so peaceful and relaxed’: Suki Dhanda’s best phone picture

Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss

Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version