Topic: "Mad Woman" gave birth on XMAS Day - Q-who impregnanted her?  (Read 2224 times)

"Mad Woman" gave birth on XMAS Day - Q-who impregnanted her?
« on: January 07, 2014, 07:44:28 AM »
For four years, she was known to wander the street of Badejo Kalesanwo, Oduduwa Community, in Mushin Local Government Area Lagos State.

According to PUNCH Metro She slept on the road, ate from bins and went about in tatters.

Some months ago, people saw her with a protruding belly and dismissed it as fibroid growth.

However, on the morning of December 25, 2013 the unknown mad woman, who identified herself as Amudatulai, a native of Ibadan in Oyo State, went into labour and self-delivered a baby girl as residents watched in awe.

Eyewitnesses said she immediately named the baby girl Mariam Olorundamilare Odunayo (Olorundamilare, means God has given me the victory, while Odunayo means, the year of Joy).

A resident, who identified herself simply as Mama Adoyo, said Amudatulai delivered the baby by the dump site situated along the newly-tarred road.

She said, “I have known her for a long time. She used to sit and sleep on that road. When we saw her protruding stomach, we didn’t know she was pregnant. We thought it was fibroid. But around 6am on Wednesday, she was crying and screaming my name and other people’s names in the area because we play with her a lot.

“I later moved close to her and when I saw it was labour pains, I asked her to let us go to the hospital, but she said no, insisting that she could see people bathing her baby, whereas she had not delivered by that time.

“I kept my eyes on her as she was screaming. Suddenly, the baby came out. We didn’t know on time, but a driver who was passing by called our attention that we should move closer to her because she had given birth.

“We had to quickly call a nurse who came to cut the placenta. The nurse later injected her and cleaned her up.”

Mama Adoyo said one of the community leaders donated money to assist in buying some materials, as other people in the neighbourhood trooped out with old and new clothes for the mother and child.

A female worker with the Lagos State Waste Management Authority, Mrs. Modupe Salami, who cleans the street, told our correspondent that although Amudatulai still raved after the delivery of the baby, she was generally well behaved and could be rescued with a good medical help.

It was learnt that a man who claimed to be a brother of the new mother had been calling some of the residents on the telephone to keep an eye on Amudatulai, adding that he would come to take her back to Ibadan.
The said brother was also said to have claimed that Amudatulai had three other children in Ibadan. http://www.nigerianeye.com/2014/01/mentally-ill-woman-delivers-baby-at.html