Topic: Bitter ex, raped and stabbed lady to death for dumping him.  (Read 6706 times)

Bitter ex, raped and stabbed lady to death for dumping him.
« on: March 23, 2014, 10:45:45 AM »
 Operatives at the Ogun State Criminal Investigation Department, Elewe-Eran, have arrested a 25- year-old man who allegedly raped and stabbed his girlfriend to death in her parents’ apartment in Ogijo area close to Ikorodu.
The suspect, Anuoluwapo Akinloye, a bricklayer,  who admitted to have committed the act, told Vanguard that he did it out of jealousy and fear of losing his girlfriend, Rafiat Akinyemi.
According to him; “when I met her, I told her I would marry her and she agreed. Along the line, she told me she would only marry me if I convert to Islam which I did.
“I started going to the mosque and observing the monthly fast. I even changed my name to Ismail and also applied for a post in the security department of the mosque I was worshiping just to please her.
“In the process I was disowned by my parents for converting to Islam. But I never cared because I loved her.
“Then, all of a sudden, she called to say she was no longer interested in me. When I demanded to know why, she did not give any reason. I begged her but she did not yield. I thought perhaps she  had found someone richer than me.
“But then, I told her she would not have made me go through the pain of conversion which resulted in my being neglected by my parents.
“So, two weeks ago,  at about 8.30 am, I went to her house where I met her sweeping. She told me to leave and I got angry. In the process I stabbed her.”
Asked where he got the weapon used to stab her, he said he took it with him from home.
Suspected cultist
But the rumour making the rounds in Ogijo is that the suspect is a cultist. Vanguard also gathered that the deceased decided to call off the relationship on realizsing that her boyfriend was a cultist.
A resident of Ogijo told Vanguard:  “Anuoluwapo had threatened to kill Rafiat, saying if he could not have her, no other person would.
“Some of his friends who came here after the incident said they had cautioned him to leave her alone since she was not the only lady around.”
“On that day, he came when Rafiat’s mother had gone out. After committing the act, he shut the door, leaving her to bleed to death.
“Had anyone being aware, perhaps, Rafit could have survived the attack. But it wasn’t until 2pm, after her mother came back that she found her in the pool of her blood stone dead,” the resident who simply gave her name as Modinat said.
Although it was gathered that  the assailant visited Rafiat’s home in the company of  two other persons. But when confronted, he told vanguard he went there alone.

-vanguard