Topic: I Started My Career in a Job I Wasn’t Qualified For – Tony Elumelu  (Read 8 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I Started My Career in a Job I Wasn’t Qualified For – Tony Elumelu

Tony Elumelu, chairman of Heirs Holdings, says he started
his career in a job he was not qualified for after someone took a chance on
him.

 

In a post on X on Saturday, Elumelu said he was lucky, but
luck should not be the only way an African talent gets a chance.

 

“I started my career in a job I wasn’t qualified for.
Someone took a chance on me. Everything I have built since has been to repay
it,” he said.

 

“I was lucky. But luck should not be the only way an African
talent gets a chance.

 

 

“Our job is to democratise that luck!”

 

Elumelu said Africa accounts for less than 1 percent of the
world’s “AI compute and 3% of its AI talent”.

 

“The constraint is not talent. It is electricity. We
leapfrogged landlines with mobile. We will not leapfrog electricity,” he said.

 

 

The businessman also said the continent must address its
electricity challenges quickly to avoid missing out on the digital revolution.

 

Elumelu said the race for artificial intelligence (AI) in
Africa was also a race for megawatts.

 

“My closing advice: To the youth in the room: start before
you are qualified. I did,” he said.

 

“To the investors and partners in the audience:
@TonyElumeluFDN seed capital has proved that young African entrepreneurs are
investible.

 

 

“Now co-invest with us to take them to scale.”

 

On September 11, Elumelu said lessons from his days as a
photocopier salesperson have continued to shape his approach to business.

Source: I Started My Career in a Job I Wasn’t Qualified For – Tony Elumelu




The story behind the headline — analyzed by 10 AI models, updated 4x daily. → drux.space/hub

 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
0 Replies
2259 Views
Last post January 26, 2017, 01:01:40 am
by flukky-1
0 Replies
2482 Views
Last post June 16, 2019, 01:07:26 pm
by thisday
0 Replies
1915 Views
Last post September 29, 2019, 01:01:34 am
by flukky-1
0 Replies
1161 Views
Last post December 09, 2022, 07:08:23 pm
by olutee
0 Replies
1483 Views
Last post January 10, 2023, 01:03:57 pm
by thisday
0 Replies
697 Views
Last post August 11, 2024, 07:00:23 am
by thisday
0 Replies
442 Views
Last post April 01, 2025, 07:04:04 am
by PulseNG
0 Replies
9238 Views
Last post September 22, 2025, 01:06:26 am
by thisday
0 Replies
221 Views
Last post January 04, 2026, 01:04:33 am
by olutee
0 Replies
81 Views
Last post July 07, 2026, 01:05:50 pm
by flukky-1