Topic: “I’m gonna knock you out!” – Nicki Minaj threatens Mariah Carey on ‘American Ido  (Read 2027 times)

Mariah Carey, Keith Urban, Nicki Minaj and Randy Jackson of 'American Idol.'

Production of “American Idol” came to a halt Tuesday when seething singer Nicki Minaj unleashed a foul-mouthed tirade at Mariah Carey and threatened to punch her out.

The festering bad blood between the two divas — both serving as judges for the first time this season on the Fox show — boiled over in Charlotte, N.C., when they disagreed over a contestant’s performance, sources said.

Carey had been goading Minaj for hours, sources said, ultimately calling the wild-haired, wig-loving “Your Love” singer a “b—h.”

A fuming Minaj later threatened, “I’m gonna knock you out!” according to TMZ.com.

TMZ posted video of the incident Tuesday night, presumably taken moments after the pair exchanged barbs. Minaj can be heard ranting, “Get this s—t in self-control. Get in control. Get in control,” as fellow judge Randy Jackson urges her to “settle down.”

Minaj continues, saying “Don’t lose your head. Don’t tell me I’m a gangster! So every time you patronize me, I’m-a take it back, and if you’ve got a f—ing problem, handle it!

“I told them, I’m not f—ing putting up with her f—ing highness over there. I’m not gonna sit here every f—ing minute to have you come down and harass me every minute every day,” Minaj shouts.

As the tirade rages, Carey sounds as if she is hurling her own insults at Minaj, though they are inaudible.

The blowup has “Idol” brass worried that the bad chemistry between the two judges will ruin the show — which faces stiff competition from upstarts like NBC’s “The Voice” and Fox’s “The X Factor,” featuring their own lineups of pop superstars as judges.

“It’s a major concern now,” an “Idol” source told the Daily News. “They obviously don’t like each other, but they have signed contracts and need to learn how to at least tolerate each other.”

Fox officials declined to comment.

It wasn’t always this way.

Two years ago, Carey was a Minaj fan and even asked her to appear on her single, “Up Out My Face.” The pair worked together on the song and shot a video together. But their relationship began to turn cold when critics agreed that Minaj stole the show.

On “Idol,” the judges’ issues with each other nearly ruined the first week of auditions last month.

“There’s been a feud in two days?” Carey said cryptically at a hastily arranged news conference when asked about a rumored confrontation between the pair the very first day of taping in New York City.

“A feud takes a little longer,” she added.

THE EXCHANGE

CAREY: “B***H”

NICKI: I’m gonna knock you out!

NICKI: Get this s**t in self-control. Get in control. Get in control.

RANDY: Settle down, settle down.

NICKI: Don’t lose your head. Don’t lose your head (inaudible). Don’t tell me I’m a gangster.

NICKI: (inaudible) Every five minutes. So every time you patronize me, I’m-a take it back, and if you’ve got a f***ing problem, handle it.

NICKI: I told them I’m not f***ing putting up with her f***ing highness over there. Figure it the f**k out. Figure it out.

NICKI: I’m not gonna sit here every f***ing minute to have you come down and harass me every minute, every day.

- NY Daily News