Topic: DRUG ABUSE AND ITS EFFECT ON SOCIETY  (Read 2274 times)

DRUG ABUSE AND ITS EFFECT ON SOCIETY
« on: December 02, 2015, 10:25:10 AM »
Have you ever tried having a conversation with an adolescent or a young adult of this generation concerning what they do for “fun” these days?

Have you ever stopped to wonder what the content of that “Sprite” or “Hollandia” bottle they drink is?

Have you ever wondered why they act kind of slow at times and sleep like a log of wood?

Have you ever wondered why their eyes seem so dim and they sometimes get incoherent, drowsy and then excited all of a sudden?

If you have ever really wondered why your teenage brother always drinks “codeine” because of the supposed never ending cough he has then wonder no more.

They are all simply a part of the ongoing issue faced with society today which is THE ABUSE OF DRUGS!

The issue of drug abuse is one that sometimes goes overlooked in our society today. There are so many teenagers, adolescents and even adults who feel the need to conform to societal and peer pressure by abusing some of these suppressants which tweak their Central Nervous System in such a way that it in turn gives them excitement.

There are several cases of students taking cough syrup containing codeine such as Benyllin, Pakalin etc all in the bid to feel “slow”. This slow feeling which arises as a result of the excess codeine in their system causes them to skip (become forgetful) and ultimately drowsy.

Some of them claim it helps them get through the day while others just love the idea of being “slow”.

The mentality honestly beats me how anyone would want to take something that makes them slow.
Click on the link below to continue reading

Another type of drug that has been known to make wave is Tramadol which is a pain killer but an abuse of the drug suppresses the individual’s pain centers so the person basically doesn’t feel pain and feels somewhat numb.

Then there’s Valium 5 – a sedative which when taken in excess and abused makes you excited and according to the abuser, “makes them feel extra good”.

Back in the university, I heard different stories where people go to extreme measures to “get high”. And in the absence of cash to purchase the expensive drugs, they seek the natural way out.

Some of these natural “high” methods include sniffing lizard feces, gasoline and chewing on a particular leaf which according to them gives them a head rush and makes them high.

Oh my! What I would give to anyone who can actually convince me to sniff lizard feces. What a world!

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/12/02/drug-abuse-and-its-effect-on-society/