Topic: TY BELLO VS LINDA IKEJI – CELEBRITY PHILANTHROPISTS  (Read 1897 times)

TY BELLO VS LINDA IKEJI – CELEBRITY PHILANTHROPISTS
« on: February 15, 2016, 08:42:21 AM »
I am sure we have all heard about the amazing philanthropic act TY Bello carried out on a young lady named Olajumoke Orisaguna who hawked bread for a living. For those of us who haven’t, let me give you a recap.

In recent times, TY Bello who is a famous and successful Nigerian photographer was having an outdoor photo shoot on the streets of Lagos, Nigeria with Tinnie Tempah when he was photo bombed by a lady hawking bread.

As much as photo bombs are most times carried out accidentally because the photo bomber is usually not aware a picture is being taken, this photo bombing by the bread seller was almost done so strategically that seeing the picture, one would think she was a model dressed as a bread hawker on set a photo shoot alongside Tinnie Tempah.

From her pose to her facial expression to the way she hawked that bread so majestically, it is a wonder that she is (or was) a mere bread seller and not doing what comes to her so naturally.

After the photo shoot was completed and TY Bello saw the pictures of Olajumoke, she went on a nationwide call to find that bread seller so she could turn her world around by making her into a super model.

She put up messages on Instagram, Facebook and all over social media until finally, she found her. Olajumoke came forward and that was the moment her life indeed turned around.

She had her first photo shoot taken by TY Bello and the pictures were just as magnificent as we had all imagined. Next thing she got signed to a modeling agency, was given a scholarship to a finishing school where she would be groomed on poise and grammar and she was also given an apartment to live in with her family (rent-free). She was also given an opportunity to train as a hair dresser which according to her is what she always wanted to do in her life.

She got featured on ThisDay Style, NTA News Live, CNN, international newspapers and I am pretty sure there are loads to come. Everyone loves Olajumoke and her road to success. All thanks to TY Bello, the life of one young lady has been changed FOREVER! That is philanthropy!

Now, this is where it gets interesting. Can I say the same for Linda Ikeji?

Yes, she is a philanthropist – evidently! Yes, she gives out twenty thousand naira to five people every week in her Monday Giveaway. Yes, she has already given out five million naira to fifteen girls as a grant for her “Self-Made” project last year and is already gearing to give out another five million naira to another fifteen girls or more this year.

But ultimately, NO, she has NOT been able to successfully CHANGE someone’s life forever. This is precisely what I meant when I said in the previous post I wrote about Linda Ikeji’s “I’D RATHER BE SELF-MADE PROJECT http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/09/02/the-id-rather-be-self-made-project-by-linda-ikeji/. Click the link to read the post if you haven’t already.

I was of the opinion that Linda should reduce the number of beneficiaries so more substantial amount of money can be given to the chosen ones which in turn would increase their total cash inflow thereby increasing their cash outflow and thus making them “Self-Made”.

Take Olajumoke for example, some people might say it is just ONE bread seller that has gone off the streets BUT with the way her success rate is going, soon she would get endorsements and more modeling opportunities and then the cash would be constantly flowing in.

Click on the link below to continue reading

http://alocovivavoce.com/2016/02/15/ty-bello-vs-linda-ikeji-celebrity-philanthropists/