Topic: Man whose wife was killed in Kano meets with Governor Okorocha (photos)  (Read 1578 times)

Man whose wife was killed in Kano meets with Governor Okorocha (photos)

Pastor Mike Agbahiwe, an indigene of Orodo in Mbaitoli Local Government  of Imo State whose wife was killed in Kano by Muslim Fanatics has, for  the first time since the incident happened, come back to his home state. He met with Governor Rochas Okorocha at the Government House in  Owerri yesterday with his relations and explained that contrary to the widely  read report that his wife, Mrs. Bridget Agbahiwe was beheaded, she was beaten to death, not beheaded.

He told the governor details of  what transpired and how the wife was heartlessly and gruesomely  murdered in his presence by the Muslim Fanatics and he survived the  attack by the grace of God, otherwise, he would have also been killed  because the aim of their attackers was to kill him and the wife.

His story below...

"One Muslim man called Dauda came to my wife’s shop and was  washing his leg infront of the shop. My wife told the man to move up a  little so that she could arrange her goods, but the man refused.  Instead, the man started to molest her, and gripped her neck. In trying  to free herself from the grip, Dauda started shouting Alakuba, and angry  mob quickly gathered

"When we saw that  danger was about to occur, we ran and took refuge in the house of a  prominent Alhaji, who is a leader in the area. The Alhaji did all he  could to calm the mob down. They refused and called him an infidel, and  broke into his house and killed my wife in front of me. And if not the  quick intervention of the Police who immediately used teargas to  disperse them, they would have also killed me. But they destroyed  everything I had both the shop, the car and so on."

He  further stated, "The head of my wife was never beheaded. But the hitting  was on her head and with hard objects. The body of my wife is in the  mortuary with the head. She was not beheaded as it was widely reported."

In his response to the pathetic story of Pastor Agbahiwe, Governor  Okorocha described Late Mrs. Bridget Agbahiwe as a heroine because it  took more than one hundred men and women to bring her down, describing  the gruesome murder of the woman as highly provocative, barbaric and the  highest wickedness of mankind, and told Pastor Agbahiwe that the Imo  State government would share with him and the family in this moment of  grief and pains.

Governor Okorocha said, "The problem  is not the death of Mrs. Agbahiwe but the manner of which she was  killed. In this country, we must learn to live peacefully. No religion  supports killing. Anyone who kills in the name of religion is an evil  worshipper, and should never mention the name of God. The cold blooded  murder of Mrs. Agbahiwe should be seen as a sacrifice for the unity of  the country".

The governor further stressed, "She died  as a martyr. Imo State Government will be with the family in this period  of grief, and we shall set up a committee to assist in making sure that  she is given a befitting burial. She died a heroine as far as we are  concerned, as it took more than one hundred attackers to kill her. Those  who killed the woman are cowards. The chairman of the traditional  rulers’ council in the state would lead a delegation to the Emir of Kano  to make sure that such ugly incident will never reoccur anywhere in the  country."

Governor Okorocha also stated, "We are  monitoring the situation and the reports reaching me is that five people  have been arrested and taken to court, and finally  remanded in custody  in connection with the murder of Mrs. Bridget Agbahiwe. This is good  enough. It means the Kano State Government and the Police Command in  Kano are working to live upto their assurances to me that they would  fish out the killers and make them face the full wrath of the law."

The governor urged Pastor Agbahiwe not to question God over the killing  of the wife, but to bear the whole incident with fortitude.

Source: Man whose wife was killed in Kano meets with Governor Okorocha (photos)