Topic: ‘Men Fantasize About Me’ – Cossy Orjiakor  (Read 2728 times)

‘Men Fantasize About Me’ – Cossy Orjiakor
« on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:55 AM »
Since her entrance into the movie industry about a decade ago, she has sparked off more controversies than anyone in her category.

Cossy Orjiakor is one of the most talked about actresses in Nigeria, even though many can't seem to remember the last movie she was in.

Her frequent raunchy pictures on twitter have created a lot of buzz for the video vixen cum musician, keeping her name, and 'assets' in the news.

And even though the 'naughty queen,' as she sometimes refers to herself, is criticized by many, the tiny-voiced actress boasts about being the only actress in Nollywood that has never dated or slept with an actor.

In this chat with NET, Cossy bares it all.

You are barely established in the movie industry, why jump into music?

I have always loved music. My mum had a BSc in music from the University of Nigeria when I was younger. She used to sing and dress up in cute attires and hand gloves and all. I kind of liked it. So she made me love music.

Why do you seem not to be doing a lot of movies these days?

I have been doing lots of stuff that have nothing to do with movies. I've been very busy, but now I'm very free. That's why I'm getting back to music. I did a movie last year and it's about to come out soon. I'm also working on producing a movie in April this year.

So how far have you gone with the plans for the movie?

The script writer has delivered and I'm okay with the story line. I'm just waiting for Emmanuel Ehumadu to finish up the movie he is doing now. Once he is through, he will help me out with the casting, and then shooting will start in April.

How well have your fans received your album, 'Naughty Queen'?

My marketer has been out for a while now. He just got back, so the distribution of the hard copy will commence soon. So far, my fans love the album.

You are one artiste that doesn't seem to care about what people say about you, how do you get the boldness to do so?

I do actually care about what people say about me, but I don't care about what biased people say about me.

Do you think you are always being misunderstood in the media?

No, not really. I'm very down to earth, I don't pretend. I'm as real as they come.

How do you feel when you read or hear false stories about you?

I take them as one of those things. Then if the person peddling the false story is worth it, I reply and clarify things. If the person is not worth it, I ignore it.

How was growing up for you?

Good and fun. I have the best parents and good siblings.

What were your parents' reactions when you told them you were going into entertainment?

While growing up, my dad actually bought a grand piano for my mum, so we all played around with it. He has always encouraged me to be true to myself.

How would you describe your style?

My mood or the event determines that. Also, the time of the event matters. During day time, I'm well dressed and decent. If it's a night party and I want to get naughty, I wear hot stuff.

Do you have a favourite fashion accessory?

I don't have a favourite accessory though, but I can't do without my perfumes.

I'm sure you must have a lot of men running after you?

I don't really notice. Maybe, maybe not.

Has it occurred to you that a lot of men out there fantasize about your body?

Yeah. They fantasize about me because I have lovely body features. The type dreams are made of.

Is that why you flaunt it a lot?

Maybe

You seem to be confident with your body, do you think it makes people judge you or think lowly of you?

I don't know

What's the craziest thing you ever heard about yourself?

When they link me up with men I have never met before, like the coach or the footballer that was said to have bought me my SUV. Wish he could buy me a race car too (laughs).

So how do you relax when you need to?

I love massages

How would you describe yourself?

I really can't describe, but I'm deep.