Topic: Pregnant Mother of three kills self and the kids cos her BF left her for another  (Read 1659 times)

A grieving father wept on Tuesday as he left tributes to his three young children, who appear to have been killed by their heavily pregnant mother, who then jumped to her own death.

Craig McLelland, 24, clung to his mother Mandy McLelland for support as he left a Winnie the Pooh balloon and a teddy bear outside the flat where the children died in Lowestoft, Suffolk.

He is thought to have split up with Fiona Anderson, 23, shortly before she fell 40ft to her death from a multi-storey car park, where she died at 8am on Monday along with his unborn baby.

Police found the bodies of their children Levina, three, Addy, two, and 11-month-old Kyden around three hours later at her ground floor flat half a mile away in London Road South.

Unemployed Craig and his mother were allowed through a cordon of police tape for three minutes to look at floral tributes and around 40 cuddly toys and teddy bears left by well-wishers.

He refused to speak to reporters as he left, saying: ‘Get out of my face’. He and Mandy, 44, hugged each other in a nearby car park before being driven away.

Mandy who also left flowers at the scene also declined to comment earlier at her home in Lowestoft. She would only say: ‘I have lost everything – my whole family’.

Hours before her death yesterday, his ex Fiona Anderson had posted desperate Facebook messages saying her partner had left her for another woman, along with pictures of their unborn daughter.

The 23-year-old put up photographs of her three other children with the message: ‘Mummy will always love you and I’ll never leave you,’ adding later: ‘I’ll keep them safe’.

But she was found dead at the foot of a car park after apparently throwing herself off.

In her Facebook postings, Miss Anderson issued an emotional plea to Craig McLelland.

‘All we did was love you,’ she wrote. ‘We never gave up on you. You have hurt us so much for so long. I gave you everything I could. Your kids worshipped you like a god.’

Miss Anderson then posted pictures of each of her children and wrote messages about how much she loved them.

‘The most beautiful things I have ever seen. Love you babies so much,’ she wrote.

In a final message she posted a scan picture of a baby and wrote that she was due to give birth on June 10 to a girl she would call Evalie.

Last night, Mr McLelland arrived at Miss Anderson’s home close to the seafront in Lowestoft, Suffolk.

Choking back tears, he said: ‘I have just lost my family. My children are dead. What would you be feeling?

‘I found out this morning when I got a phone call saying somebody had committed suicide and I had a feeling who it was.’

When asked whether he had left Miss Anderson for another woman, Mr McLelland, who lives in Lowestoft, broke down and declined to comment.

Miss Anderson is thought to have fallen 40ft to her death in Gordon Road. Her children were found three hours later.

Police are awaiting the results of post-mortem examinations to be carried out by a Home Office pathologist at the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston near Great Yarmouth, Norfolk.

Detective Superintendent John Brocklebank, of the Norfolk and Suffolk major investigation team, last night described the deaths as ‘an awful tragedy’.

He said: ‘We are in the early stages of a large investigation to try and work out exactly what has happened. It is too early to be able to come up with a definitive explanation and we will be keeping an open mind.

‘We are treating the deaths of the children as suspicious, but from our initial enquiries we do not believe there is any threat to the wider community.

‘Our priorities now are to establish the circumstances behind the woman’s death and how it may be related to the deaths of the three children.’

Mr Brocklebank said police were alerted by a 999 call from a member of the public who found a woman lying on the ground beside the car park with serious injuries.

He added: ‘Emergency services including ambulances and an air ambulance arrived and they did what they could to try and resuscitate her, but unfortunately she was pronounced dead at the scene.

‘We managed to identify the lady concerned which led us to the address. Police officers gained access at 11.20am and the bodies of the children were tragically found inside.

‘I don’t want to speculate about how they died and where the bodies were in the property. We believe she was the mother of the young children.’

Miss Anderson’s ground floor flat was cordoned off by police last night while officers searched for clues.

Neighbours and friends were last night putting cuddly toys and flowers on a makeshift shrine outside the flat in a mark of respect.

Karleigh Burlingham, 20, who lives nearby, said: ‘She was a lovely person.

‘She just didn’t seem the sort of mother to do this. It is devastating that three innocent little children have died.

‘I knew her for three or four years and I thought she was a brilliant mother.

‘Her kids were healthy and well brought up. Fiona was outgoing and friendly. She would talk to anyone and she was very laid back.

‘But her boyfriend left her about a month or so ago for someone else. She was heavily pregnant with a baby girl due next month.’