Gist Boards > Corona Virus
[The Guardian] Watercolour glimpses of a Greek summer – in pictures
(1/1)
The Guardian:
Watercolour glimpses of a Greek summer – in pictures
When the British painter Alison Jones met her Ithacan husband, it felt like destiny. “I am obsessed with Greece, heroes and enchantresses, spells and metamorphoses,” she says. Her destiny has the added benefit of an annual holiday on Ithaca, at her husband’s family home. “I find the Greeks’ relaxed ways at the beach eye-opening – even grandmothers rock bikinis and oversize sunglasses. They take pleasure in their bodies in a way that I, as a northerner accustomed to camping holidays, found quite startling.” Her friends loved the sketches when she shared them on Instagram. “I think lockdown made the glamorous location and delight in bodies out promenading especially appealing.” Continue reading...
Source: Watercolour glimpses of a Greek summer – in pictures
Feeds culled from https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss
Don't Google your symptoms. Ask 10 AIs and see what they actually agree on. → drux.space/chat
Navigation
[0] Message Index
Go to full version