Topic: SHOCKING “Pres. Jonathan Can’t Win In 2015″ – Dokubo Asari  (Read 2689 times)

One of the biggest supporters and kinsman of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, has declared that the president has lost the support of his political base, the South-south and the South-East owing to the failure of his government to deliver on its promises.

Dokubo-Asari, at a press conference in Abuja on Friday, said that it would be tough for Jonathan to win the presidential election in 2015 if he decides to run based on the poor showing of his administration.

He said that his decision to speak out was for him and others who are ardent supporters of Jonathan not to be blamed for his failure in 2015.

He said: "I want to start with an Ijaw proverb, which says: the eyes watched its seven children to death. Instead of advising them, it was just looking at them until they died, while the mouth talked its only child to life and success.

"We have continued as Ijaw people and the entire Niger Delta and South-South to support the presidency of President Goodluck Jonathan, but a time has come when silence cannot be golden.

"We mainly speak out in issues that are very critical to the survival of our people, the survival of the people of the South-South and the South-East, which happens to be the political base of Goodluck Jonathan.

"Jonathan is surrounded by very greedy people who are only in the Presidency to enrich themselves at the expense of Goodluck himself.

"This brings us to another Kalabari proverb, which says: where there are elders, a goat cannot be allowed to deliver tied to a stick.

"If we don't talk and we continue to brush it aside, tomorrow we will be blamed and people will say: Mujahid Dokubo-Asari was around when Goodlcuk Jonathan was president and he didn't talk.

"Them I will be an accomplice and accessory after the fact….

"It is alarming because the South-South must have its uninterrupted eight years tenure, which is constitutional.

"But with how things are going under Jonathan's watch, we are afraid that we may not be able to have our eight years tenure because there will be no magic about it if it is going to be one man one vote."

Dokubo-Asari said he will continue to speak out despite the fact that he had benefitted from Jonathan, adding that one of those causing trouble for the President remains the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Chief Godsday Orubebe.

He said: "I have benefited immensely from Goodluck Jonathan with my stake but benefit alone is not enough to make me to keep quiet when the period is very challenging for our people.

-naij