Topic: I would have been killed if my house fire happened at night- Obasanjo  (Read 2763 times)

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo

The former president spoke about the fire to PDP leaders.

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Wednesday said the fire which gutted his house would have killed him if the incident had happened in the middle of the night

Mr. Obasanjo described the damage done by the fire as “enormous.”

The former president stated this when the executive members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Lagos State Chapter, paid him a solidarity visit in his Abeokuta home.

He said the fire, which occurred inside the office of his private secretary, consumed a number of inflammable items that aided the fire, resulting in a thick smoke that found its way into his bedroom.

“The fire incident, which occurred in the office of my private secretary, resulted in thick smoke which pervaded my bedroom. If it had happened at night, I would have been a dead person now,” Mr. Obasanjo said.

The former President was full of praises to God for sparing his life, as well as protecting him to be part of the living to witness the new year. He said he had continued to receive telephone calls from within and outside Nigeria over the incident.

“I want to thank all; and all those who called me on phone both within and outside the country. Let us appreciate the mercy and kindness of God. There are many, we started last year together but no more today, we are not mocking them, but to extol God,” Mr. Obasanjo said.

“Infact, that I’m able to stand erect is God’s blessing, Many of my age group cannot stand well, I am not mocking them, but I am thanking God. My hope and prayer is that this year 2013 will be a glorious year,” he added.

Earlier in his speech, the Chairman of the Lagos PDP, Tunji Shelle, told the former president that the party executive came to see him for three reasons.

“Our Baba, our leader and our President, we are here for three reasons: to sympathize with you over the fire incident, to celebrate New year with you, and to get your blessings for the 2015 elections,” Mr. Shelle said.

The PDP leader said the party thanked God for sparing Mr. Obasanjo’s life.

“Thank God it was curtailed, whether small or big, we don’t pray for such incident to happen again. In everything, we have to give thanks to God,” he said.

Source: Premium Times

Re: I would have been killed if my house fire happened at night- Obasanjo
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 12:54:59 AM »
I personally doubt if any fire or smoke can break the back of mr Obasanjo.

Re: I would have been killed if my house fire happened at night- Obasanjo
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 02:15:26 AM »
lai lai, that baba strong gannnn!