Topic: I’m ready to discuss Imo’s insecurity with Uzodinma — Okorocha  (Read 146 times)

I’m ready to discuss Imo’s insecurity with Uzodinma — Okorocha

A former Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, on Monday, said he will be delighted to meet the state Governor, Hope Uzodinma, to discuss the security challenges facing the state.Okorocha, who spoke to journalists at his Spilbat mansion in Owerri, the state capital, three days after his convoy was attacked in the state and a cop killed, said that insecurity had increased in Imo state.Okorocha said that for the first time, he was going to write a letter to the governor requesting him to summon a meeting of all former governors of the state to help find a lasting solution to the problems of insecurity.The ex-governor said that it is the only issue that he would agree to meet with the governor for.He said that outside the security and the welfare of the people of the state, he has no business with the governor, adding that he feels concerned about the safety of the people of the state.Okorocha said that political power is useless if the people do not enjoy the dividends of democracy, saying that as a governor for eight years, he managed the good, bad, and ugly indigenes and residents of the state.He said that former governors may have information that they might share with Uzodinma which could help bring to a stop the killings and arsons going on in the state.Okorocha said “I feel disturbed by the killing of the police officer who was sent by the Enugu state government to take me to the burial ceremony of Ihedioha’s mother. My condolences to his family, the Enugu state government, and the Inspector General of Police.“First, I will visit his family and we will take it up from there. I learnt he is from Ogun state and left a wife and four little children. For the first time, I am going to write a letter to Governor Hope Uzodinma. I am going to ask him to summon a meeting of all former governors of Imo state. We might share information with him which will end the insecurity in the state.“It is only on this basis I can only agree to meet with him. I am concerned about the security and welfare of the Imo state. It has nothing to do with party politics. I have something to share with him as a former governor of this state. Former governors Achike Udenwa and Ikedi Ohakim have things to share with him. This is how we should do it. Power is the trust entrusted in your hands for the welfare, well-being and security of the people. The success of every government is determined by how happy the people are.”

Source: I’m ready to discuss Imo’s insecurity with Uzodinma — Okorocha

- NigerianEye
Invest in US dollars: https://hashflare.io/r/CF2F6691