Topic: GWR: FUTA graduate sets sights on new world record for longest speech marathon  (Read 168 times)

GWR: FUTA graduate sets sights on new world record for longest speech marathon

Christopher Olusa, a graduate of the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), on Thursday revealed his determination to break the world record for the longest speech marathon.During a press briefing held at the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, Press Centre in Akure, Ondo State capital, Olusa disclosed that he has received the go-ahead from the Guinness World Record, GWR, to commence his challenge.According to him, his goal is to surpass the current record holder, Ananta Ram, who achieved a feat of 90 hours and 2 minutes in Kathmandu, Nepal in 2018.Dubbed ‘From Words to World Records’, Olusa’s Speech Marathon is aimed at setting aside Ram’s record by attempting a 120-hour (five-day) word-to-word speech.He added that the challenge will begin on September 11, 2023, in Akure, stressing that he seeks to raise awareness about the challenges faced by children with aphasia, a language disorder that affects the ability to communicate effectively.“Our Speech Marathon is not just another event; it is a testament to human determination and the unyielding power of words. Over the course of five days, we will embark on a journey of enlightenment as I read speeches from inspirational figures spanning the annals of history.“From past and present world leaders to influential individuals who have left an indelible mark on our world, I will draw wisdom and inspiration from their words.“It is about transcending boundaries, shattering limits, and aspiring towards something extraordinary.“My personal commitment to this endeavour extends beyond words. I am at the peak of my physical fitness and mental readiness to undertake this monumental challenge,” Olusa said.He added that funds raised during the marathon will be dedicated to training children with aphasia, a brain disorder that affects speech and comprehension.In his remarks, the Ondo State NUJ Chairman, Leke Adegbite, who saluted the boldness of Olusa to set a new world record in speech marathon, solicited the full support of the government and other stakeholders towards the actualisation of the quest.

Source: GWR: FUTA graduate sets sights on new world record for longest speech marathon

- NigerianEye
Invest in US dollars: https://hashflare.io/r/CF2F6691