Topic: FG committed to solving housing deficit – Minister  (Read 164 times)

FG committed to solving housing deficit – Minister
« on: September 21, 2023, 07:01:00 AM »
FG committed to solving housing deficit – Minister

The Federal Government says it is committed and passionate about solving the housing deficit in the country.The Minister of Housing and Urban Development, Mr Ahmed Dangiwa, made the pledge when he received Gov. Dikko Radda of Katsina State in Abuja, on Tuesday.“Since independence, Nigeria has struggled to provide decent housing for its citizens.“Inspite of numerous plans, initiatives, projects, and institutions introduced over the past 60 years, progress has been limited.“With rapid population growth, these unsuccessful or suboptimal efforts have led to the accumulation of a significant housing shortage,’’ the minister said.Dangiwa said the housing sector remains far from where it should be in terms of meeting the needs of millions of Nigerians for decent shelter while contributing as a catalyst for economic growth, job creation, and poverty eradication.“This is the challenge that President Bola Tinubu has put on my shoulders. With the grace of Allah, I am committed to putting in the hard work necessary to break the jinx of failure and achieve historic success.“As part of our efforts to achieve this, we have outlined a series of housing reform initiatives in line with the Renewed Hope Agenda for Housing and Urban Development of President Tinubu.“We plan to embark on a Stakeholder Engagement Drive with State Governors nationwide towards achieving it,” he said.Commending the Governor for his achievements within a short time, Dangiwa solicited the support of the indigenes of Katsina to ensure the Radda-led administration transforms the State.“His tireless efforts in improving security, education, agriculture, infrastructural development, and the welfare of our citizens is a testament to his vision for a prosperous Katsina.“As a fellow son of Katsina state, I am immensely proud of the momentum of achievements that he has recorded in such a short time and I pray to the Almighty to continue to grant him the wisdom, understanding, and good health to transform our State.“As the Minister of Housing and Urban Development, I approach my work with the full understanding of the huge responsibility that accompanies it,” he said.The minister encouraged Gov. Radda to deepen collaboration with key housing agencies, including the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria, Federal Housing Authority, and the Family Homes Funds, to increase access to affordable housing for Katsina indigenes.Earlier, Radda said that the provision of affordable housing remains part of its priority programmes to improve the lives of its citizens.According to the Governor, Katsina State is ready to collaborate with the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development to open the cities in the State.“Urban renewal is one of the major priorities of our administration.“We want to expand our city, we are in the process of developing the Katsina master plan which has expired in the last 30 years.“So, urban renewal is one of the major focuses of our administration and affordable housing to serve the people.“We are thinking of collaborating with the Housing and Urban Development Ministry to tap from your experiences to help us in achieving our goal of renewing our cities and towns in the state,’’ Radda said. 

Source: FG committed to solving housing deficit – Minister

- NigerianEye
Invest in US dollars: https://hashflare.io/r/CF2F6691