Topic: Your Pastor is a Billionaire - Does that Bother You?  (Read 2519 times)

Your Pastor is a Billionaire - Does that Bother You?
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:39:52 AM »
In Nigeria, religion is one thing that has come and stayed with us and there and there again, we have Pastors and Bishops who today have ministry in millions and this has transformed their "wealth" form if you have to put it like that. With some of them having Private Jets and tagged billionaires...do i need names, Pastor Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo's Jets are on the list of the Top 10 of the 160+ expensive Jets in Nigeria.

Now the Question tag is as a christain, does this bother you that your pastor is a billionaire? or do you feel the Church funds are not used well, Or do you support the Government to start leveraging tax on Churches, Do you think the Church is a mini Nigeria where the Poor are poor and the Top echelon are rich.......some one said the imam no get Camry, Bishops count billions....

What's your take?

Re: Your Pastor is a Billionaire - Does that Bother You?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:32:07 AM »
I cant say it bothers me that much cs im a Christain and i beleieve these guys paid there dues from when they were nobody and today they are where they are. So i believe am paying my own dues now to get there tomorrow. As to whether they need the private jets, Well, according to the Global nature of the Ministries, i think they need it, Do they need 2-4 Jets, I dont know? Cant they fly First Class on normal flights....i cant answer

There is difference between the poor and the rich in the Church - maybe but still i dont think it is suppose to be a place of lineup and collect N20,000 every week to feed your family because then people will not do anything again just because the church does free service. Inside these Churches, If you are real member and need help, you sure get all the help that you need so i don't see why people are complaining.

Want a Jet? Buy your own.
Register and Post your gists on Naijagist or send to us @ gist@naijagist.com or olutola.obembe@primaxng.com

Is your Pastor a "Pastorpreneur"?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 01:42:54 PM »
The Pastorpreneur is part CEO and part pastor and they are considered Christian businessmen. It is a concept that combines business practices, like that of an enterpreneur, with religion. An enterpreneur unites all means of production to get products for Profiteering, constantly shifting economic resources out of an area of lower and into another of higher productivity and greater yield.

Knowing this "Do you think your Pastor is a PastorPreneur"?

They use members and workers of the church as a means to attain their unholy ambition, while their wives and children are made to function in strategic church position to ensure seeds sown are properly remitted, constantly changing their ministerial headquarter from one megacity to another to gain more affluent members.

Today, the work of the ministry has been turned into a money spinning venture, True or False?

Though seldom, Politicians when in church, are ushered to the front row, given all sorts of titles and mundane recognition, rolling out drums as they step out for thanksgiving, one begins to wonder if it is a political rally..True or False?

Some Questions that bother Us?
  • How many megachurches that are worth billions of naira have responsed to the victims of the recent flood disaster in 14 states?
  • Churches don’t pay taxes, If they now make billions and make big time investments, how about social responsibilty?
  • How do megachurches in Nigeria contribute to the development of their immediate community, touching the lifes of the needy?
  • How about making investment in areas that will have a direct impact on church members?
  • In short, What is the role of our Churches to National Development?