Topic: Photos: 17yr old girl & her son found murdered in a forest in Kenya  (Read 1362 times)

Photos: 17yr old girl & her son found murdered in a forest in Kenya

Susan Kalondu, 17, and her 2-year-old son Jesse Kinyua were murdered at Karen Plains in Ngong Forest, Kenya. Her body and that of her son, still tied on her back, were found by a herdsman at 4pm, Monday, October 5. Beside the two bodies, Langata OCPD, Elija Maina said, was a piece of cloth which police suspect, was used to strangle the two to death.

"The bodies were fresh and had bruises on the neck. We have formed a team of detectives to conduct investigations into the killing and we are following crucial leads" Mr Maina said.
The team is led by the Langata DCIO, Mbogo Mwaura. He said the body of Kalondu clad in a red dress laid on top of that of her son (pictured above before his death) who had been dressed in a jeans short and a pink jersey.

On Tuesday, Kalondu’s mother, Elizabeth Kanini, her elder brothers, Philip Kaleli and Patrick Kimeu were at the Karen Police Station to record statements as police seek to unravel the mystery surrounding the murders.

According to Nairobi News, the man with whom Kalondu has been living for the past three months had last week escaped with her other child – then three weeks old daughter. Ms Kanini told the media that earlier on the day the bodies were found, she had left her daughter and her grandson still asleep at their house in Lenana.
"She was to join me later at a construction site at the Karen Plains where I work as a cook for casual laborers. She did not turn up and at around 4.30pm, my son called me and told me that she had been found in the forest," Ms Kanini said.
She said her daughter had been living with her and that she had been in a relationship with the man she identified as Stephen Awuor who was also a casual laborer at the Karen plains.
"The man had lived with my daughter for three months and they separated two weeks ago when he attempted to burn her and her son," she said.
Although Ms Kanini said that she did not know a lot about the man, she said that she had met him severally, as he had been working near her workplace.
 "I do not know where he lives or any of his close relatives. The only person who knew was Kalondu," she said.
The bodies of Kalondu and her son were transferred to the City Mortuary where a postmortem on them will be conducted today.

Source: Nairobi News
Source: Photos: 17yr old girl & her son found murdered in a forest in Kenya