Topic: Be Security conscious: Here is a story [Abuja)  (Read 692 times)

Be Security conscious: Here is a story [Abuja)
« on: May 14, 2019, 03:58:22 PM »

Lets be careful - and call out on time - here is a story to share ...

Sunnyvale Estate, Abuja.
My personal experience. Today 13 May 2019.
In summary.

At about 10.15 am today May 13, 2019, three guys came with a gold coloured Honda Accord car. The car is completely tinted. Two of the men came down while the third remained seated at the back of the car. One of them knocked at my gate and girl helping to clean the compound went to see who it was by looking through fence by the side of the gate.

The man standing in front, asked her to open the gate and that they are NEPA officials that have come to read our meter. The girl to him to let her go and call her madam. When she told my wife, she wanted to go but I restrained her and volunteered to go see them. On getting to the gate and looking through the side, the one directly in front of the gate with a very serious look asked me to open my gate. I asked who they were and why should he command me to open my gate. He said just open the gate.

The second one brought out an ID card and said they were from the IGP IRT and that I am wanted at force headquarters over a petition written against me. I told them I cannot honor such an invitation and I am going to call my lawyer to come now and advice me on what to do. I also told them I want to see a copy of the letter of petition. They said it is in the car. I insisted they should give me let me sight, they refused but wanted me to come out. I now called my wife to bring my phone and also to witness the drama.

One of the guy try to threaten us by opening the car door to invite the third guy. The second guy asked him to cool down. When the car door was opened, we saw that the third guy in the car was having AK47 rifle. We also noticed that none of them was wearing police uniform. I now asked them what is my name or the name the petition, the said Uchechukwu. I told them that was not my name neither am I an Ibo man. He said but they gave them my house address.

Coincidentally our opposite neighbor was driving by and my wife called her to come and see what was happening. We asked her if my name is Okechukwu, she said No. We asked again if I was Ibo and she said No. We told her not to mention our name. They now said, this thing we are doing with you in private, you have started calling your neighbors.

That was how they entered their car and drove off. I immediately put a call across to the security at the gate to stop, search the car and interrogate the occupants, but I don’t think they did as they did not get back to me. Only God knows what would have happened if we had opened our gate. They probably would have kidnaped any of us, rob us or anything bad could have happened. We thank God they did not succeed.

We should all be very careful and vigilant even within the estate. Warn people living with you. Bad people come into the estate during the working hours when the place is quiet.