Topic: I’ll rather die than lose one corps member - New NYSC DG  (Read 863 times)

I’ll rather die than lose one corps member - New NYSC DG

The new Director General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig.-Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim says he is ready to sacrifice his life to make sure life of any corps member is taken during their service year.

The new Director General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig.-Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim says he is ready to sacrifice his life to make sure life of any corps member is taken during their service year.

Ibrahim made this know on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 during a visit to the staff and corps members at the NYSC Zonal Office in Akure.

The DG told the corps members to be security conscious and also keep themselves abreast of what was happening in their environment.

I will prefer to die than losing a corps member. Keep yourself abreast of what is happening in your country, and make a difference as a corps member.

“I want to rejig our skills acquisition programme. If you take it seriously, we have partners that are ready to lend you money. I am very passionate about the scheme and my corps members.

“I came for a youth programme, so I decided to visit you my ‘children’. What will you be remembered for when you leave this place? Try as much as possible to keep your records clean,” he said.

Ibrahim, describing his visit as unofficial, said he would look for a way by which the scheme would not depend solely on government funds.

Akpabio also said the Ondo State Government had been helping to improve the scheme in the state, “especially with the building of perimeter fence at the Ikare Akoko Permanent Orientation Camp.

ALSO READ: Buhari orders removal of trucks, tankers from Lagos roads, bridges in 3 days

Earlier, the state Coordinator of NYSC, Mrs Grace Akpabio described the visit of the DG as homecoming.

And it will also be recalled that the 18th DG of the scheme assumed duty on May 17

Source: I’ll rather die than lose one corps member - New NYSC DG

- gist culled from pulseng