Topic: Black day In Anambra As Man goes bersask,kills Mother,Stabs Father and strangers  (Read 1392 times)

Fear pervaded the air in Anambra State at the weekend when a 22-year-old man, Chidiebele Mmadubuko, went berserk and slaughtered his mother and an uncle. He also stabbed his father and five other villagers.

The tragic incident happened at 11.pm on Saturday at Oraukwu village in Amanuke, Awka-North Local Government area of Anambra State. It was gathered that the culprit was overpowered by an angry mob, who allegedly beat him to death in anger for his murderous act.

Reliable sources told our reporters that the late Mmadubuko started acting strange on Saturday night when he returned to the village from a neighbouring community. He allegedly ordered everybody to put off the lights in their homes and went about with a cutlass, attacking anybody that stood in his way.

According to the source, Mmadubuko first descended on a four-year-old boy, who was on his way to get his parent's phone where it was being charged, before he went for his mother.

Mmadubuko's younger sister, Ugochukwu, said their mother was slaughtered while trying to rescue the boy from the hands of her son.

The assailant also descended on Nwakwudo Igwebudu and macheted him to death. His father, Mr. Goddy Mmadubuko, was, however, lucky, as he survived the attack with deep machete cuts all over his body. He was rushed to St Anthony's Hospital, Isuaniocha for treatment.

No fewer than five other villagers sustained various degrees of machete wounds during the attack.

With tears in her eyes, Ugochukwu narrated her mother's last moments. "After our dinner last night, my mother and I went to bed. So my phone rang, and it was a call from one guy called Ndubuisi. He said I should come and call my brother to order, that he was talking and acting abnormally. So I woke my mother who now rushed to the scene of the incident, possibly to know what was happening and call him to order. But unfortunately, that was how he killed our mother."

Ugochukwu said his brother had no record of mental illness, as she wondered why he could behave in such a strange manner. She said he had no criminal records in the town, noting that the tragic incident shocked the entire family.

The father of the assailant, Mr. Mmadubuko, who survived the attack by the whiskers, admitted that his son was smoking Indian hemp while alive. He said he stuck to his smoking habit, in spite of various warnings to stop the habit. He said his late son started causing trouble at Otuocha, Anambra West Local Government Area before returning home to spill blood.

-naij