Topic: Reality TV star Tuoyo says he lied about being a stripper, apologises for 'fooling' himself  (Read 576 times)

Reality TV star Tuoyo says he lied about being a stripper, apologises for 'fooling' himself

The reality TV star says he can no longer keep up with the lies about being a stripper.

The reality TV star says he can no longer keep up with the lies about being a stripper.

One of the housemates from the fourth season of Big Brother Naija, Tuoyo Ideh says he lied about being a stripper during his time at the reality TV show.

In a lengthy post shared via his Instagram page late Monday, August 24, 2020, the reality TV star said he has been living a lie and decided it was time to come out with the truth.

"For over a year now I’ve been living a lie. Some people have advised me to go on with it but I fear for my mental health and my future so I’ve chosen to come out. Big brother was my biggest shot at fame and nothing in the world could have stopped me from grabbing it with both hands," he wrote.

For over a year now I’ve been living a lie. Some people have advised me to go on with it but I fear for my mental health and my future so I’ve chosen to come out.

Big brother was my biggest shot at fame and nothing in the world could have stopped me from grabbing it with both hands but somehow I felt like I wasn’t enough and I needed to do more and BE more in order to stay relevant and to get some extra clout. I was desperate, the magnitude of the competition i was going for even made me more desperate so I attached a tag to myself - “I’m a Part-time Stripper” I said to the whole world. I got the hype I wanted but it was unsustainable, I couldn’t live up to it because actually that’s not who I am but because I have the body I tried to force it, to push if I could keep living the lie to make it become truth but the more I did, the more I regretted. I wasn’t deriving any pleasure and in fact I felt like I was making a fool of myself so I had to stop. And I’m here to say I’m sorry I lied, no one is perfect, my ultimate strategy has turned back to hurt my reputation and my brand.

My name is Tuoyo Ideh AND I AM NOT A STRIPPER. You’ll be meeting the REAL me very soon.
Cheers to a new beginning!! 🥂
#TuoyoRebranded #OpenLetter

"But somehow I felt like I wasn’t enough and I needed to do more and BE more to stay relevant and to get some extra clout. I was desperate, the magnitude of the competition I was going for even made me more desperate so I attached a tag to myself - “I’m a Part-time Stripper” I said to the whole world."

According to Tuoyo, he got tired of keeping up with the lie and fake career path he had created for himself which made him feel like a fool.

Tuoyo Ideh says he lied about being a stripper during his time at the reality TV show. [Instagram/ItsTuoyoOfficial]                 
Tuoyo Ideh says he lied about being a stripper during his time at the reality TV show. [Instagram/ItsTuoyoOfficial]

"I got the hype I wanted but it was unsustainable, I couldn’t live up to it because actually, that’s not who I am but because I have the body I tried to force it, to push if I could keep living the lie to make it become true but the more I did, the more I regretted," he added.

ALSO READ: Tuoyo says getting nominated by Frodd for eviction makes him a 'Judas Iscariot'

"I wasn’t deriving any pleasure and in fact, I felt like I was making a fool of myself so I had to stop. And I’m here to say I’m sorry I lied, no one is perfect, my ultimate strategy has turned back to hurt my reputation and my brand."

Tuoyo says the reason he lied was because the reality TV show was his only way to stardom [Instagram/ItsTuoyoOfficial]                 
Tuoyo says the reason he lied was because the reality TV show was his only way to stardom [Instagram/ItsTuoyoOfficial]

"My name is Tuoyo Ideh AND I AM NOT A STRIPPER. You’ll be meeting the REAL me very soon. Cheers to a new beginning!! 🥂 #TuoyoRebranded #OpenLetter."

Tuoyo was one of the housemates from the fourth season of Big Brother Naija.

Tuoyo was one of the housemates from the fourth season of Big Brother Naija. [Instagram/ItsTuoyoOfficial]                 
Tuoyo was one of the housemates from the fourth season of Big Brother Naija. [Instagram/ItsTuoyoOfficial]

He caused a lot of stare and gained attention when he told viewers of the reality TV show during its premiere that he was a part-time stripper.

Source: Reality TV star Tuoyo says he lied about being a stripper, apologises for 'fooling' himself

- gist culled from pulseng