Topic: Newly Wedded Man Stabbed To Death  (Read 1517 times)

Newly Wedded Man Stabbed To Death
« on: July 11, 2013, 01:12:46 PM »
Tragedy occurred yesterday when a newly married man identified as Lawal Bala, was stabbed to death by unknown persons while relaxing in his home at Layin Sidi, Gangare in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State shortly after he returned from a trip.

The deceased, a 30-year-old butcher, was allegedly heard screaming after which he was seen staggering outside with a knife pierced to his neck.

A witness who spoke to our correspondent  on the condition of anonymity claimed she saw the deceased outside his house with a knife protruding from his neck while his wife, Maryam Yahaya, was seen screaming “they have killed my husband.”

The incident was said to have attracted a large from the community many of whom wailed uncontrollably while others insisted the wife of the deceased be produced.

Men of the Police, C division, Jos, were said to have taken the corpse to the Plateau State Hospital for post mortem while the deceased’s wife was taken to the police station for questioning.

LEADERSHIP gathered that some youths in the community accused the deceased’s wife of being responsible for the murder, saying, “Why did she attempt to run? Why didn’t she scream?”

However, the late Bala’s elder brother, Alhaji Hamza Dikko, who is the Chairman of the Butchers Association, Gangare ward and Chairman, All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) Gangare, said, “Lawal has never complained to me about his wife and I witnessed the marriage. Their marriage was exactly one month this Saturday and we were at the mosque for Zuhur prayer earlier in the afternoon.”

A friend of the deceased, Zakaria Aliyu, said, “we were together this afternoon and 40 minutes later, someone called to tell me that Lawal has been killed. That a knife was used to slit his throat.”

Aliyu described the deceased as “a very calm person, saying, “I cannot tell you that Lawal has enemies. We grew up together and Lawal was not one to hurt a fly. On hearing the news, I immediately went to the house and there was blood everywhere I just couldn’t look at him. We reported the incident at the Gangare police station.”

Confirming the incident, the Plateau State police public relations officer, DSP Felicia Anselm, said “some armed men went to the house of Lawal Bala while he was with his wife and used a matchete to slit his throat. However, investigation is still on to get to the root of the matter.”

- See more at: http://leadership.ng/news/110713/newly-wedded-man-stabbed-death#sthash.zYRdVNJD.dpuf