Topic: Nigerians React To Last Moments, Emotional Instagram Post Of Sound Sultan  (Read 425 times)

Nigerians React To Last Moments, Emotional Instagram Post Of Sound Sultan

A lot of reactions have trailed the death of Nigerian singer, Olanrewaju Fasasi, better known as Sound Sultan, and how he spoke about his death in an emotional Instagram post, with many Nigerians eulogising the music star.

The music legend, who passed on after battling with Angioimmunoblastic T-cell Lymphoma, had on July 3 shared a song from Patoranking.

Part of the lyrics of the song read: “Celebrate me now wey I dey alive. Appreciate me, now when I dey alive. No be say when I leave this life, you go dey fake am for my back.”

See Also

Music

LAST MESSAGE: How Late Nigerian Singer, Sound Sultan Predicted Own Death

The announcement of his death comes a week after his post on Instagram.

This stirred reactions from Nigerians on social media who accused those celebrating his music and making comments about him after his death of being hypocritical.

His previous post before his last post had just 47 comments on his Instagram page but his last post after his death has garnered 4, 000 comments posted by people mourning him. 

Some of the comments as extracted are:

@Deleolufuye: “Sound Sultan bowed out with this message. Let’s celebrate our people while they are still alive. Rest in peace @Soundsultan You’ll forever be celebrated.”

@Holudaray: “So, do people truly know when they are about to die for real? Sound Sultan’s last post on Instagram. Rest in the Lord champ.”

@Olamiflexy: “Sound Sultan Last post in IG speaks Volume about life. REST LEGEND.”

@Yewandeosamein “Sound Sultan’s last post was Patoranking’s song – ‘Celebrate me’. The irony. Let’s all learn to celebrate one another whilst we are all here. I for one am glad I got to celebrate you whilst you were alive and will continue to. A legend. Rest in perfect peace our Naija Ninja.”

@SeniormanOA: “People get sad when they hear about the death of parents who weren’t in their lives. I was very sad the day our neighbor died and I don’t even know or talk to the man. Let people celebrate sound sultan if they want.Some of us grew up on some of his songs.”

@Vikinana: “Sound Sultan knew he was going to die. His last post on IG says it all. RIP Legend!

@Spunkycece: “Sound Sultan’s last post on Instagram makes more sense now. #RIPSoundSultan

You lived well. Couldn’t have done it any better, King.”

@Akinakinyo: “The last post of Sound Sultan on IG rolled a tear down my cheek!”

News

AddThis

Original Author

Saharareporters, New York

Disable advertisements

Source: Nigerians React To Last Moments, Emotional Instagram Post Of Sound Sultan