Topic: How Operatives Of Nigeria’s Anti-graft Agency, EFCC Raided Abuja Residence, Brutalised Suspect  (Read 654 times)

How Operatives Of Nigeria’s Anti-graft Agency, EFCC Raided Abuja Residence, Brutalised Suspect

A young man, Oke Uchenna known as Uchejoel, has accused operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) of human rights’ violation and brutality.

Oke scolded the EFCC for invading his residence without due process, while demanding for justice and compensation. 

File Photo

In a document sent to SaharaReporters, Oke said the operatives scaled the fence into his compound at Gwarimpa Estate in Abuja and ordered him to sit on the floor, noting that before he could say a word, they started beating him.

Oke said the beating and the slapping the operatives gave him made him wonder whether they acted on drugs.

He said, “On Thursday, September 23, as at around 6am, I heard unusual noise in the compound I jumped out of my bed to find out what was happening. I discovered that the noise was from the back, so I went out through the backdoor. 

"When I stepped out, I saw a man who introduced himself as Mr Peters from EFCC, and I saw policemen in large number. There was one of them called Esin. He simply asked me to sit on the floor, and before I could say a word, he descended on me and Mr Peters joined him they beat me to the ground kicking me with leg boots.

"My brother's wife rushed down while they were trying to break the main door to open. When they got in and went upstairs, they asked the kids that were getting ready for school and every other person in the house to sit on the floor, while they went in to search the whole house.

"They kept slapping me and the security man to provide my brother; the security man told them that he didn't sleep in the house that day. And I told them I saw him in the morning before that day as he came back late in the night. 

“But they insisted we were telling lies and kept slapping us heavily at every given space. The whole house was searched and they went into his room took his phones and every document found in his room.

"They took me along with my brother's wife and two of his cars to their office in Jabi. At their Jabi Office, while I was seated, Esin slapped my neck from behind, and I went blank for some minutes; I couldn't control the tears. 

“I was asked to write a statement, and I wrote exactly what happened. But Mr. Esin insisted I was stupid for indicting an officer. I was later hospitalised alongside the security man at the Gwarimpa general hospital, because we were badly beaten." 

Oke told SaharaReporters that he sought for justice over the assault by the EFCC officers. 

"I am demanding for medical treatments and compensation; I don't deserve such treatment," he noted.g

News

AddThis

Original Author

Saharareporters, New York

Disable advertisements

Source: How Operatives Of Nigeria’s Anti-graft Agency, EFCC Raided Abuja Residence, Brutalised Suspect